Water Gardens

Today I had the pleasure of visiting Hill Country Water Gardens. They are out in Leander, which is a short trek north west of Austin. They had the most beautiful Koi you ever have seen. Large specimens that could cost $150.



These pictured here were $15, and they had some Shubunkins and Comet goldfish that were really pretty. I love how they shape swirling patterns in the water with their tails.







The creatures that really caught my eye, though, were the Dragonflies! I had never seen such large and colorful ones such as these!





As I was browsing their pond plants, I settled my gaze on these water lillies. They are called Little Pinks. Click on the photo to see them up close.







It was a nice day to visit the water garden store, and it helped me think of new ideas for a water feature in my pond that will be my next project!

Comments