Baby Food from Garden Veggies









So, I have a lot of yummy foods growing in the garden. I grew a lot of winter and summer squash, and decided to make my own baby food from them. Here is a great site to look up detailed nutrition facts:
This is a very simple process. I prepared all my winter squash by cutting them in half, scooping out the seeds to roast later and set aside some to save for next year's garden. Then, put them on a pan with a little water and roasted the squash in the oven for about an hour on 350 degrees. I scooped out the meat and put freshly expressed breast milk in the food processor. After blending it up, I spooned it into an ice tray so each serving is about 1 oz. It is a perfect way to store food for later. I did a similar recipe with avocado and sweet potato.

I made the rest of the squash into soups and other dishes to eat later, and roasted all the seeds. The whole family was fed from a few simple vegetables in the garden!

Comments