Meandering and Plants




I was meandering over to my sister's house and walked past some really great plants that I wanted to highlight:

The first is the Purple Fountain Grass. It blooms in purples tufts (which are actually seed heads) and the grass blades are a mix of bright lime green and deep burgundy.

The second one is a Texas Sage. The ones pictured here are blooming as a harbinger to rain. I like to use them on a perimeter or in a more native setting because they do not do well trimmed and trained.

The third is Purslane. This is often thought as a weed as you can see it growing in a sidewalk crack. I like to think of it as a hardy succulent that you can eat. It has immense nutritional benefits: Cook with a stir fry or toss with a salad, all of its edible. Purslane can be used to treat fever, a couch, stomach ache, headache, and full of Omega 3's and Vitamin C! It is more nutritious than Spinach.

Comments