Sprouted Buckwheat Recipes


I really like to use buckwheat as much as possible because I feel like its the yin to my body's yang. In Chinese medicine, herbs are believed to have hot or cold characteristics that are used to manipulate the yin/yang equilibrium.

Here is a list of cool and warm foods:
http://www.angelfire.com/id/croon/chinesemedicine/yangyinfoods.html


I soaked the buckwheat groats for about 2 hours. Then I put them in a metal strainer and rinsed them thoroughly. Once I felt the water coming off of them was clear, I left them in the strainer for 8 more hours and rinsed again, and left for 8 more hours and rinsed.


Then, I put 1/3 cup of the soaked groats, one banana and a tsp of fresh ground cinamon into my food processor and blended them for a quick 30 seconds. This made a delicious cream of wheat like breakfast food for me and my young daughter to enjoy. It is high in protein, iron and fiber and very nutritious: nutrition facts here.

I then took the rest and blended it with soaked almonds, walnuts, raisins, flax seed and optional prunes or dates, a little ginger, and maple syrup. This made a soft and easy to eat granola on the go snack. Quite a tasty treat! You can also dehydrate or cook on 175 degree heat in pan for 6 hours to make it into crisps.



Now that's what I am talking about!

Comments